I was hard at work planting some Courgette plants on the allotment that I have grown from seeds at home. Suddenly I became aware of my new friend hunting worms as I turned over the soil. He is obviously feeding a family in a nearby nest as he has a beak full of goodies to take back. This bird has a song that I always think is far sweeter and more melodic than a nightingales or a song thrush. There is nothing quite like getting woken up in the morning to the sound of a blackbird's song~~ Have a lovely day~
Leave a Reply.
John~~Battling with the elements, pests and diseases in my struggle to keep the garden growing. A constant daily struggle that will be recorded here.
Gardening is such a delightful pastime. I spend time on my allotment almost every day of my life, and the sensation of pure satisfaction never ceases to amaze me. I get so much out of this pleasure, I think the benefits are so huge that the government should legislate and make it more available to everyone. I will list just some of the obvious reasons here. ~~
1) Fresh fruit and vegetables and other produce.
2) Fresh air and an intense feeling of getting close to Nature.
3) Healthy exercise without the necessity of machines that are found inside a gym.
4) The satisfaction obtained by growing plants and watching and caring for them through to maturity.
5) A regular occupation that you can make into a routine, somewhere to go to at a certain time every day.
6) The companionship of like-minded people, with whom you can get ideas and swap tips on your mutual interests.