I spent a couple of hours in the garden today pulling weeds and generally tidying up. I was delighted to be accompanied by my little friend pictured on the left here. Meet our resident robin, he was following me as I pulled the weeds and flying off with any visible insect life, obviously to feed his family in a nest somewhere.
The allotment is making very good progress~~I spread some manure on one of the beds and sowed my courgette seeds~~ Margaret loves cooking with these~
John~~Battling with the elements, pests and diseases in my struggle to keep the garden growing. A constant daily struggle that will be recorded here.
Gardening is such a delightful pastime. I spend time on my allotment almost every day of my life, and the sensation of pure satisfaction never ceases to amaze me. I get so much out of this pleasure, I think the benefits are so huge that the government should legislate and make it more available to everyone. I will list just some of the obvious reasons here. ~~
1) Fresh fruit and vegetables and other produce.
2) Fresh air and an intense feeling of getting close to Nature.
3) Healthy exercise without the necessity of machines that are found inside a gym.
4) The satisfaction obtained by growing plants and watching and caring for them through to maturity.
5) A regular occupation that you can make into a routine, somewhere to go to at a certain time every day.
6) The companionship of like-minded people, with whom you can get ideas and swap tips on your mutual interests.