I filled the tray with some of the soil and damped it down with water. I opened the seed packet to find the incredibly tiny seeds in a glass tube. I knew these would be small seeds from my past experience of cultivating Petunia plants, but these were almost invisible. This called for drastic action and some rapid improvisation. We have a magnifying glass attached to a lamp, that Margaret uses for her sewing and embroidery. I commandeered this and with the help of a clean saucer and some tweezers, I managed to sow the contents of the packet on the top of the damp compost. The sowing instructions recommended that they should not be covered up, I agree with this as the problem would be finding them again.
I intend to nurture these little babies and pot them on to the culmination of my colourful dream of a glorious display.